CSU's "Valuing Our Viking Vets" Fundraiser
Your Donation will promote the successful transition of student veterans from the classroom and to our community.
With your help we can quickly reach and exceed our goal of $5,000!
Why do we need your support?
Basic Military + Job Training: 12 to 52+ weeks
Military Separation/Retirement Training: 1-2 weeks
Some service-members/veterans not fully prepared to re-start life after service.
As a community, it is our responsibility to help these men and women transition back into our community!
What is a 'Viking Vet'?
Viking Vets are: Active Duty, National Guard, Reserves, Veterans and/or Dependents.
Viking Vets are also: parents, spouses, sports fans, volunteers, community leaders and so much more!!!
SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY.
CSU Military-Connected Students Data:
70% - First Generation College Students
35% - Female (National avg. 25%)
41% - Minority Students
60% - Adult-Learners (age 25+)
Common Military-Connected Student Challenges:
Childcare (especially during pandemic)
Cleveland State University has a rich history of best-practices for supporting our military-connected students. Originally the Supporting Education for Returning Veterans (SERV) program and now known as the Veteran & Military Success Center, our mission is to “engage, empower and advocate for the success of all military-connected students.”
The VMSC includes:
- VA Education Counselor hosted on campus full-time. (1 of 3 in Ohio)
- VSSP: Veteran Student Success Program - Individualized Support (Peer Advisors)
- Speaker Series: Campus/Community Workshop Series
- Student Veterans of America (SVA) Chapter
- myVRC app: Free virtual "Veteran Resource Center" for mobile devices
- 4,000 sq. ft. Facility w/: Computer Lab w/FREE printing, Group Study Rooms, small kitchen and a large dayroom.
- Service-learning/Internship partnerships with CSU Occupational Therapy and CSU Social Work
- More programs and services coming in 2021!
***For more information or to learn about more opportunities to further support Viking Vets at Cleveland State University, contact us:
Veteran & Military Success Center:
Phone: (216) 875-9996
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
VMSC Director, Joshua Burns:
Phone - (216) 875-9997