The Cleveland State University women’s soccer program has announced its 2020 Vikings Women’s Soccer Virtual Golf Outing, which will take place between September 22nd and October 11th, 2020.
“Right now, we are all finding new and creative ways to try and ‘get back to normal,’ all while making sure to do so as safely and cautiously as possible. “In that same approach, we are excited to offer this fun alternative to the golf outing fundraiser that we had to cancel over the summer. As many of our families, friends, alumni, and supporters are looking for ways to reengage with us and the team this fall, the golf outing gives us a chance to come together and provide much needed support to the program in a time of real need.” - Dallas Boyer, Head Coach
The two-person scramble event will allow golfers to play one 18-hole round at any desired golf course between September 22nd and October 18th, 2020. Golfers will use a traditional scramble format to determine their score and will post their scores on the 18 Birdies app under Cleveland State Women’s Soccer – 2 Person Scramble (Code to join 18 Birdies Tournament - 9669). If you are not an 18 Birdies app user, you may email an image of your scorecard to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The top two teams will receive prizes, courtesy of our women’s soccer program and Vikings Outfitters Bookstore.
The cost to register for the event is $30.00 per participant, in addition to course fees. The $30.00 registration fee is tax deductible and will directly support the CSU women’s soccer program. Everyone who registers, and submits a score, will be invited to attend a Zoom “State of the Women’s Soccer Program” address with Head Coach Dallas Boyer and other special guests on Monday, October 19 at 7 p.m., in addition to receiving a $10.00 gift card to Topgolf, courtesy of Cleveland State Athletics’ partnership with Topgolf Cleveland (valid at all Topgolf locations, with the exception of Las Vegas).
Additional Games as part of CSU Women’s Soccer Virtual Golf Outing
- Support a Student-Athlete: Each golfer will have the option to donate an additional one dollar per hole ($18) for a total registration of $48 to extend their support for women’s soccer student-athletes at CSU! For the additional contribution, the golfer will receive a one-stroke deduction of the team's final score. Each team can earn up to two strokes off their final score!
- Green and White Spirit Photo: Find the most scenic spot on the golf course in your Green and White. Take a photo and tag @CSU_WomenSoccer for your chance to win the most spirited Viking golfers award.
- Farthest Drive: Playing far from Cleveland, Ohio? You're in luck! We have a prize for the participant who registers at an address the farthest away from Cleveland State’s campus.
- Worst Shot/Lie: Not a pro? No big deal! Snap a photo of the WORST lie or shot position that your twosome had to endure during your round. Post it on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and tag @CSU_WomenSoccer using #BadShot, and you could win a prize!
- Closest to the Pin: Take along a tape measure on your outing and play one Par 3 from 120 yards away. Post it to Twitter or Facebook, tag @CSUWomenSoccer, and say "I think I'm #closest" with measurement for your chance to win a great prize!
- Cleveland 2-1-6 Challenge– Add up your scores on holes #2, #1, #6 and submit to the total to Carl Contrascier at email@example.com subject line Cleveland 2-1-6 Challenge. Lowest score wins a Viking Prize Pack (if scores are tied, coin flip on Zoom will determine the winner). Must be present on Zoom to win.
- Cleveland Scavenger Hunt– Share of photo of something that you deem “CLEVELAND” at the course you play. Most creative photo wins a prize. Be sure to tag @CSU_WomensSoccer and use hashtag #ClevelandRocks.
Cleveland State Athletics is thrilled to have the support of Topgolf Cleveland as one of our corporate supporters. In addition to each participant receiving a $10.00 gift card, Topgolf Cleveland is generously providing gift card prizes to the top award winners.
For more information on the Women's Soccer golf event, please contact: Brandon Longmeier at firstname.lastname@example.org