Cleveland State Univesity College of Law
We are proud of our history as Cleveland’s urban public law school located in the heart of downtown Cleveland, the largest legal market in the State of Ohio. Our unwavering commitment to justice, leadership, opening doors, and educating lawyer-leaders laid the foundation for Northeast Ohio’s legal community, and our graduates have made a broad and deep impact for generations.
We’ve never lost sight of the forward-reaching influence of our law school. Today, we are innovators in collaborative and practical education, leadership training, entrepreneurship, and emerging fields of law.
- Our Center for Cybersecurity and Privacy Protection is nationally recognized for its innovative multidisciplinary approach.
- Our Global Space Law Center, led by internationally known space lawyer Mark Sundahl, was the first academic center in the nation dedicated solely to the law of outer space.
- Our law students are among the few nationally to receive applied leadership and management training through the P. Kelly Tompkins Leadership and Law Program.
- Our longtime commitment to practical lawyering is demonstrated though our expanding clinical offerings - Appellate Advocacy, Civil Litigation, Community Advocacy, Transactional Law, Pre-Trial Justice, and Pardon, Clemency, and Expungement - and has evolved to include innovative pop-up practicums, where our students are making great legal and community impact in breaking current issues such as police reform, mental health and substance abuse jail diversion, post-conviction relief, restorative justice, bail reform, employment leave for survivors of domestic abuse, and offshore wind energy on Lake Erie.
- Our Solo Practice Incubator was one of the first in the region and has launched the successful careers of dozens of entrepreneurial students.