Support LGBTQ+ Student Services!
In 2022, Campus Pride awarded Cleveland State University LGBTQ+ Student Services 4/5 stars for being an LGBTQ+ Friendly Campus!
CSU’s LGBTQ+ Student Services is committed to enhancing the overall educational and social experience of the CSU community. The unit provide resources, support, programming and services that promote the academic and personal growth and development of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer or questioning (+) students and their allies—all in aid of creating a more inclusive, welcoming campus.
Gifts to LGBTQ+ Student Services will help provide:
- Support services
- Whether it's one-on-one support, case management, or service coordination for students, we provide resources to help make their experience at CSU memorable and comfortable as they adjust to campus life.
- Mentor/Mentee Relationship Connections
- Providing students with the opportunity to be a mentor or mentee through LGBTQ+ Student Services includes building relationships focused on career guidance and general support.
- Safe Space Training
- The Safe Space program strives to improve visibility and support for the CSU LGBTQ+ community by teaching participants what it means to be an ally, and discussing the way that faculty, staff, and students can actively contribute to creating/maintain a safe and inclusive campus environment for all.
- Lavender Graduation
- Lavender Graduation is a special ceremony to celebrate LGBTQ+ graduates. Started in 1995 by Dr. Ronni Sanlo at the University of Michigan after she was denied the opportunity to see her children graduate due to her sexual orientation. While the first ceremony had only three graduates, it has since grown into a national movement that takes place at hundreds of universities across the country.
We hope you will consider supporting CSU's LGBTQ+ Student Services as we continue to provide resources and support for our LGBTQ+ students, faculty, and allies.