Support our Viking Vets by making a gift today!
The Cleveland State University Veteran & Military Success Center provides a place for empowering, engaging & advocating the success of all military-connected students and their families. Supporting the center is one way you can continue to help us grow and provide the best resources for our Viking Vets.
Your support will assist in assuring the center can fund:
- Veterans Student Success Program
- Known as Viking Vets, the Veteran Student Success Program serves over 600 veterans attending Cleveland State and provides the following services to all veterans, serving military personnel and military families
- Admissions assistance and counseling
- Academic advising including declaring a major
- VA benefits (including the GI Bill) and access to all VA services in northeast Ohio
- Assistance to those serving with class concerns arising from deployment, ADT and IDT
- One-on-one academic tutoring with fellow veterans
- Veterans Lounge Operations
- The Veterans Lounge includes a private computer room, quiet study/tutoring room, VA VetSuccess Counselor, and an office for the staff of the Veterans Certifying official
- Center Upgrades
- In an effort to maintain the best resources for the center, support will assist in purchasing new computers. Military students and their families who do not have access to personal computer to complete courses and schoolwork are invited to use the center's computers.
- Individual Scholarships
- Scholarships provide students the funding they need help close the gap in funding they may experience while attending the university. This can include course fees, living expenses, and much more.
The experience in, and transition from, the military is unique to each person and we are here to make sure you do not have to face your struggles alone. Whether you are currently serving, have served or are part of the military family, our goal at the Veteran & Military Success Center is to help you access all the tools and programs available to help you succeed at Cleveland State and beyond.